- Nine-times two-in-hand carriage driving world champion.
- A prominent personality in the world of carriage driving.
- It has been a quarter of a century since he first appeared among the greatest drivers of the world.
- He is a man of great international experience, routine in competing, and driving culture.
- The Chairman of the Association of Hungarian Equestrian Sport.
- The National Federation of Hungarian Equestrian Sport Societies was established in 1924. Its successor, the Association of Hungarian Equestrian Sport elected Vilmos Lázár for its president at its 2009 annual general meeting. Again, Lázár won 100 per cent of the votes in 2014, thus he is the first active, world champion to win this position.
- He is a member of the Hungarian Olympic Committee.
- He is the professional leader of the National Equestrian Program.
- He is a man of great social, sports, business and social capital.
- He is an academic equestrian lecturer.
- A model for many followers.
His trophies are the following:
- Since 1989 he has entered fifteen world championships and has won seventeen medals.
- Winner of the Duna-Alpesi Kupa (Danube-Alpine Cup győztese (2012 Fábiánsebestyén, ).
- Five times individual world champion (1999 Kecskemét; 2001 Riesenbeck, GER; 2007 Warka, POL; 2013 Topoľčianky, SK; 2015. Fábiánsebestyén).
- Seven times world champion in teams (1989 Balatonfenyves; 1999 Kecskemét; 2001 Riesenbeck, GER; 2003, Jardy, FRA, 2013. Topoľčianky, SK; 2015 Fábiánsebestyén; 2017. Lipica SLO).
- Individual silver medal (1993, Gladstone, USA), One time bronze medal (2005 Wals-Salzburg, AUT).
- Three times silver medal in teams (2005 Wals-Salzburg, AUT; 2007 Warka POL; 2009 Kecskemét).
- Fifteen times Hungarian Champion (1989, 1993, 1994, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.)
- Nine times Hungarian Derby winner: (1989, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003.)
Even his competitors admit that he has nerves of steel. He is the king of two-in-hand carriage driving. His trophies prove that he is capable of world quality achievements in all three events: at several world cups he has won in dressage, marathon and obstacle cone driving. There is no event in which he drives poorly.
His professional civil awards include the following:
- Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary, Officer’s Cross, 2013.
- Remembrance Medal of the President of the Republic of Hungary (1999, 2003)
- Count István Széchenyi Rememberace Medal (the greatest equestrian award)
- Báthory Prize (2009.)
- Golden Whip Prize
- Eternal Champion of the Hungarian Equestrian Sport.
- He has been the Equestrian Sportsman of the Year four times. (1993, 1999, 2001, 2015).
- At the Hungarian Sportsmen Of The Year awards, he was among the first three two times.
- He is a member of the Hungarian Sport Stars.
- He is the holder of the CBA Hungarian Supermarket chain’s Golden Medal.
- He is an Honorary Citizen of the 17th district of Budapest.
- He is a lecturer of Equestrian Sports at the Saint Stephen University.
Business life and ventures
- President of the CBA Hungarian supermarket chain.
- Co-owner of the Lázár Equestrian Park in Domonyvölgy, and owner of other companies.
- Mastermind and the main organizer of the Equestrian World Cup in Budapest, which is held annually since 2007 at the László Papp Sort Arena, and has proven to be a success domestically, internationally and professionally.
- His hobbies are Horses, sailing, skiing, motorsports, hunting, music, teaching and working.
- He is married, and father of a daughter and son.